Skip to main content

I am a veteran with either a VA-guaranteed mortgage or a non-VA-guaranteed mortgage and am having trouble making my payments. Who can I call for help?

If you are a veteran, it is important to know that there are special resources available to you, regardless of when you served and even if you don’t have a VA-guaranteed mortgage.

If you have a VA-guaranteed mortgage and are having trouble making your payments, the VA has a Loan Guaranty Home Loan Program to help you try to keep your home. Call (877) 827-3702 to reach the nearest Loan Guaranty office where loan specialists are prepared to discuss potential ways to help with your VA loan.

If you are a veteran or servicemember with a non-VA loan, the VA can still provide you with helpful advice and guidance, including information on options for refinancing to a VA-guaranteed mortgage. For more information on the VA’s Loan Guaranty Home Loan Program, visit the VA’s website or call toll-free (877) 827-3702 to speak with a VA Loan Technician. For additional assistance, call the CFPB Consumer Hotline at (855) 411-CFPB (2372) to be connected to a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselor who can provide further assistance.

If this is an emergency, and you are a veteran who feels you may be facing homelessness as a result of losing your home, call (877) 4AID VET (877-424-3838) or go to the VA’s website  to receive immediate assistance from VA.