Accessibility and reasonable accommodation
CFPB is committed to complying with Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and with the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968. Under the Rehabilitation Act, agencies like CFPB must make sure that their programs and activities—including their educational materials, public events, and electronic and information technology (such as this website)—are accessible to people with disabilities. Under the Architectural Barriers Act, CFPB buildings and facilities must also be readily accessible to people with disabilities, including CFPB employees and applicants for CFPB employment with disabilities.
People with disabilities can request a "reasonable accommodation" to allow them to participate in or benefit from CFPB programs and activities that would not otherwise be accessible because of a disability.
Section 508 and access to this website
We are committed to providing an excellent user experience, regardless of disability. We frequently review this site to ensure that it meets or exceeds the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act , which requires that information and computer technology (ICT) be accessible to people with disabilities. Section 508 requires that ICT developed, procured, maintained, or used by the federal government be accessible to both employees and members of the public with disabilities.
- Learn more about Section 508 standards from the U.S. Access Board .
- If you believe you may need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to access information on or to use this website, request one.
- If you encounter issues with any page on our website that present a challenge for users with disabilities, please let us know.
- If you believe you have been unlawfully denied access to this website or other CFPB ICT because of a disability, learn how to file a complaint about it.
If you have general questions about CFPB’s compliance with Section 508, contact the CFPB Section 508 coordinator at CFPB_Accessibility@cfpb.gov.
Section 504 and access to other programs and activities
We also comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act , which requires generally that all CFPB activities and programs be accessible to members of the public with disabilities. We make sure that individuals with disabilities can participate in and enjoy the benefits of all CFPB operations and resources available to the public. This includes providing accessible educational materials and ensuring equal access to public meetings and other events.
- If you believe you may need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to access CFPB educational materials, attend a CFPB public meeting or event, or enjoy any other CFPB program or activity, request one.
- If you believe you have been unlawfully denied access to CFPB programs or activities because of a disability, learn how to file a complaint about it.
The Architectural Barriers Act and access to CFPB facilities
We also comply with the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA). This law helps ensure that CFPB employees, applicants for CFPB employment, and members of the public with disabilities can gain ready access to CFPB buildings and facilities.
If you have any questions or concerns about physical access to CFPB buildings or facilities, contact the CFPB's project manager/architect at CFPBFacilities@cfpb.gov
Access to social media
We work to ensure our pages are user-friendly, but we also use other sites and social media that may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The resources we share on social media are available on our official site in an accessible format.