Skip to main content

What if I do not qualify for loan modification programs or any other help?

If your home is about to be foreclosed on, call the CFPB at (855) 411-CFPB (2372) to be connected to a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselor who will work with you to see if there are any options still available, as well as to provide you with guidance on your next steps.

You may be able to rent back your home, do a short sale, or negotiate a “deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.”

If you are facing imminent foreclosure or have been served with legal papers, you may also need to consult an attorney. If you need help finding an attorney, you can view this list of legal aid services in your state.