Many Americans continue to face economic challenges during these uncertain times. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is here for you. Whether you're struggling to pay your bills, getting back on your feet, or preparing for the future, we have dedicated professionals working hard behind the scenes to make sure you’re protected.
First and foremost, our website is dedicated to explaining your rights, options and the protections during the pandemic, including what relief you’re entitled to under federal law.
We’re also working hard to ensure financial institutions understand the rules of the road and that they're complying. Our Submit a Complaint tool allows you to submit a complaint or issue you’re experiencing with a financial services company. While we work hard to ensure companies respond back to you, you’re also providing important insight into potential violations, which informs our supervision and enforcement efforts.
CFPB resources released during Consumer Financial Protection Week
- Making Ends Meet survey results
- Credit builder loans report
- Financially fit – Financial well-being of junior enlisted servicemembers report
- Paying for College tool
- ABCs of military consumer protection blog
- July Consumer Complaint Bulletin
- Start Small Save Up evidence-based strategies report
- Bureau actions to boost worker financial resilience
At the Bureau, we’re here for you and appreciate the opportunity to share these important financial education and protection resources with you. We will get through this pandemic together.