Buying a home?
Choosing a mortgage to pay for your new home is just as important as choosing the home itself. Our resources make the process easier.
Already have a mortgage?
Managing a mortgage isn’t always smooth sailing. If you’re unsure how to handle a problem with your servicer or are struggling to pay your mortgage, here are a few resources to help.
Steps you can take
- Find answers to common questions about maintaining a mortgage or what to do if you're struggling to pay
- Send a letter to or
- Find a housing counselor if you’re behind on your payments or facing foreclosure
- Submit a complaint if you're having an issue with a mortgage
- of things to do to avoid foreclosure
What we're doing to help
Our rules make mortgages safer, protect borrowers, and make it easier for you to get help when you need it.
Learn how our rules benefit you
- Mortgage disclosure forms that are easier to understand (effective October 2015)
- (effective January 2014)
- and what happens if you have trouble paying (effective January 2014)