Skip to main content

My home was damaged or destroyed in a natural disaster. Can I get a forbearance?

Depending upon the type of loan you have, your lender may be willing to temporarily reduce or suspend your payments.

To learn more, call the CFPB at (855) 411-CFPB (2372) to be connected to a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselor today.

Take the next step

Tell your story

Tell us your story, good or bad, about your experience with consumer financial products.

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.