Rules on mortgage servicing
Resources to help industry understand, implement, and comply with the mortgage servicing rules.
On August 4, 2021, the Bureau updated the to include guidance on the 2021 Mortgage Servicing COVID-19 Final Rule and the 2020 Mortgage Servicing COVID-19 Interim Final Rule.
Browse the mortgage servicing final rules to see specific amendments made by each final rule to Regulations Z and X. You can also view a table listing all of the Bureau’s mortgage servicing proposed and final rules.
Regulations and official interpretations
Browse Regulation X (12 CFR 1024) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Browse Regulation Z (12 CFR 1026) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Main RESPA and TILA provisions and official interpretations can be found in:
- § 1024.17, Escrow accounts and § 1024.37, Forced placed insurance
- § 1024.35, Error resolution procedures and § 1024.36, Requests for information
- § 1024.38, General servicing policies, procedures and requirements
- § 1024.39, Early intervention and § 1024.41, Loss mitigation procedures
- § 1026.20, Disclosure requirements regarding post-consummation events
- § 1026.36, Payment processing and § 1026.41 Periodic statements
- § 1026.40, Continuity of Contact
- Supplement I to Part 1024 and 1026 (including official interpretations for the above provisions)
Proposed rule changes and related materials
Sign up for updates about mortgage rule implementation.
Small entity compliance guide
Supervision and examination materials
Guides to how the Bureau will supervise and examine entities under its jurisdiction for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.
The Bureau provides a list of commonly asked questions and answers on particular topics to assist in understanding and complying with the Mortgage Servicing rules.
Escrow disclosure appendices that were removed from the CFR and converted into Public Guidance Documents by HUD’s 1996 Streamlining Final Rule.
Information servicers can use to access the HUD list of homeownership counselors and counseling organizations, and the contact information for state housing finance authorities