What can I do if I disagree with the results of a credit report dispute?

If an investigation doesn’t resolve your dispute with the credit reporting company, you can ask that a brief statement of the dispute be included in your file and included or summarized in future reports. Also, if you are dissatisfied with the resolution, you have the option of submitting a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. To do so:

Please note that your right to include a statement in your file only applies to disputes you’ve submitted to a credit reporting company, not to disputes that you’ve submitted directly to companies that provided the wrong information to the credit reporting company.

Read full answer Hide full answer