High cost mortgages (HOEPA)
Resources to help industry understand, implement, and comply with the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA) rules.
to see specific amendments made by each final rule to Regulations Z and X.
Regulations and official interpretations
Browse Regulation Z (12 CFR 1026)
Browse Regulation X (12 CFR 1024) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Main HOEPA rule provisions and official interpretations can be found in:
- § 1024.20, List of homeownership counseling organizations
- § 1026.32, Requirements for high-cost mortgages
- § 1026.34, Prohibited acts or practices in connection with high-cost mortgages
- § 1026.36, Prohibited acts or practices and certain requirements for credit secured by a dwelling
- Supplement I to Part 1026 (including official interpretations for the above provisions)
-Reference tool illustrating general coverage and exemptions of certain mortgage products
Sign up for updates about mortgage rule implementation.
Small entity compliance guide
, version 3.0
Supervision and examination materials
Guides to how the Bureau will supervise and examine entities under its jurisdiction for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.