Skip to main content

What should I do if I think an auto dealer or lender is violating the law?

 If your problem is with a lender  or a Buy Here Pay Here dealer, you may file a complaint with the CFPB and your state attorney general. If your problem is with a traditional dealer, you may file a complaint with the FTC  and your state attorney general .  

Keep all the documents, voicemails, and records of your interactions with the dealer or lender.

Also, you may want to consider contacting a private attorney for assistance.

Take the next step

Submit a complaint

We’ll forward your issue to the company, give you a tracking number, and keep you updated on the status of your complaint.

Submit a complaint

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.