Skip to main content

I sent money to another country and it was not available by the date given on the receipt. What can I do?

If you believe the company that sent the money made a mistake, contact it right away. 

If you used a remittance transfer provider to send money abroad, federal law requires the company to investigate errors. For certain types of errors, such as if the money never arrives, you may be able to get a refund or have the transfer sent again. If you are not satisfied with the company’s response, you can also submit a complaint to the CFPB.

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.