Skip to main content

I am having a hard time receiving the appropriate amount of money I am entitled to under Tuition Assistance/GI Bill - who should I contact?

The GI Bill and Tuition Assistance Program are administered by different branches of the federal government. 

For questions about your GI Bill benefits, please call the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). Be advised this line only accepts calls from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM central time Monday - Friday and you may experience long hold times. If your hearing is impaired, call 1-800-829-4833. Read more on the GI Bill.

For questions about your Tuition Assistance benefits, please contact your individual service branch. The Department of Defense Voluntary Education Program website has more information on using Tuition Assistance and the points of contact for each military Service. 

Your installation’s education and legal assistance offices are great resources for more personalized assistance. 

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.