How do I apply for GI Bill education benefits?
You can apply for your GI Bill benefits online with VA at their new vets.gov website.
If you are eligible for the GI Bill® you should apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) as soon as possible. When you first apply, it can take about a month to process your GI Bill application.
To get the process started:
- Gather the documents and information listed below that you’ll need to apply for education benefits.
- See what benefits you’ll get at the school you want to attend. Go to the GI Bill Comparison Tool.
- Work with a trained professional with a Veterans Service Organization (VSO) who can help you pick the right program. Find an accredited representative.
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Social Security number
- Bank account direct deposit information
- Education and military history
- Basic information about the school or training facility you want to attend or are attending now
Once you are ready to go, you should start the application process.