Skip to main content

How can I enroll in Income-Driven Repayment?

If you have a federal student loan, you may be able to enroll in an income-driven repayment (IDR) plan online . Borrowers with older federal loans may have to contact their servicer directly in order to enroll.

The U.S. Department of Education's online IDR plan enrollment website will tell you what types of loans you have. It is the best place to start if you need to enroll in income-driven repayment plan.