Skip to main content

Are there other types of loans that can serve a similar purpose as a HELOC?

Depending on your financial situation and needs, you may be able to get other loan products that cost less or involve less risk than a HELOC and make more sense for you. 

A U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counseling agency can help you identify and evaluate the available alternatives. To find an approved agency, visit HUD’s website  or call (800) 569-4287.