Understanding taxes and your paycheck
Students analyze statements about taxes to better understand how taxes affect people’s paychecks.
Understanding why and how taxes and other items are deducted from a worker’s paycheck is an important step toward gaining financial knowledge.
- What are taxes and why do we pay them?
- How do taxes affect the money a person brings home in their paycheck?
- Understand what taxes are deducted from our paychecks
- Understand how these deductions affect our paychecks
What students will do
- Determine which statements about taxes are true and false.
- Participate in a class discussion about taxes and paychecks.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.