Saving for post-secondary education
Students use an online compound interest calculator to answer questions and create charts that show the value of saving money over time for future education goals.
The sooner you start saving for post-secondary education, the faster your money can grow from compound interest.
- What savings goal can I set to help pay for higher education?
- How can my savings grow over time?
- Understand how time and compound interest can increase savings
- Understand the value of starting early to save for post-secondary education
What students will do
- Watch a video on compound interest.
- Identify reasons to start saving early for post-secondary education.
- Use an online calculator to understand how time and compound interest can increase savings.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.