Protecting yourself against risk
After reviewing a handout about insurance, students will match types of insurance to the scenarios they cover.
Planning ahead for unexpected events makes it easier to face financial challenges.
- What are some common types of insurance people buy to protect themselves from risk?
- How does insurance protect you from paying high costs if something goes wrong?
- What are events or situations that can arise that insurance won’t cover?
- Identify some common types of insurance
- Understand how to budget for losses that aren’t covered by insurance
What students will do
- Identify different types of insurance
- Understand what insurance policies cover and don’t cover
- Know how to save for emergencies that aren’t covered by insurance
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.