Playing an investment game
Students work in groups to explore real-world scenarios that can affect stock investments.
Understanding the basic concept of the stock market and the risks involved can help you become better informed about investing.
- What can make a stock price rise or fall?
- What risks are involved when investing in the stock market?
- Learn how various factors or events can affect stock prices
- Understand the importance of considering risk when making investment decisions
What students will do
- Work in groups to review scenarios that may affect an imaginary company’s stock price.
- Brainstorm on why they think the stock price rose or fell.
- Reflect on the risks and rewards of stock investing.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.