Playing an insurance game
Students play a game to explore types of insurance and how they help protect people.
When you buy insurance, you help protect yourself from the costs related to accidents and other unexpected life events.
- What are some common types of insurance people buy to protect themselves from risk?
- Why might it be helpful to have different types of insurance?
- Identify some common types of insurance
- Explore why having different types of insurance can be helpful
What students will do
- Read a handout to learn about insurance.
- Play a game matching types of insurance with the scenarios they would cover.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.