Learning how FAFSA works
Students learn about how the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) works by completing a simulation activity.
In order to receive federal financial aid (e.g., grants and loans), you (or your family) must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- How can the FAFSA help you and your family pay for higher education?
- How does your family’s financial situation affect the amount of federal financial aid you may receive?
- Use the FAFSA4caster to estimate potential federal financial aid
- Analyze FAFSA data to explore how federal aid amounts may differ based on a student’s current family and financial situations
What students will do
- Use the online FAFSA4caster tool to estimate federal aid amounts for different scenarios.
- Compare the financial aid packages for different student borrowers to better understand eligibility criteria for federal financial aid.