Examining elements of a paycheck
Students review a sample pay stub to understand the real-world effect of taxes and deductions on the amount of money workers take home.
A paycheck typically includes payment for work completed and a pay stub that records earnings and all deductions.
- How is the amount of a paycheck calculated?
- How does gross income differ from net income?
- Understand the components of a pay stub
- Become familiar with the types of taxes that are deducted from a paycheck
What students will do
- Review a sample pay stub.
- Discuss the entries and deductions on the pay stub and what they mean.