Comparing stock investments
Students learn how calculating capital gains and capital losses can help them evaluate stock investments.
To measure a stock’s past performance, you’ll need to calculate that investment’s gains and losses.
- How do you calculate a capital gain or capital loss?
- How can you use percentages to evaluate a stock’s past performance?
- Calculate capital gains and capital losses for stock transactions in terms of dollars and percentages
- Understand how these calculations can help evaluate a stock’s past performance
What students will do
- Calculate capital gains and capital losses in terms of dollars and percentages for specific stock transactions.
- Determine which stock transaction had the greatest capital gain in terms of dollars.
- Determine which stock transaction had the greatest gain in terms of percentages.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.