Using idioms to promote saving
Students explore idioms, which are expressions that use figurative speech, to better understand financial concepts like saving and earning.
Every language has wise sayings or phrases that offer advice on how to live responsibly and thoughtfully.
- What’s an idiom?
- How can an idiom get me thinking about my relationship with money?
- Read and analyze an idiom related to money
- Reflect on tips and life lessons learned from idioms
What students will do
- Review what an idiom is and explore one or two examples.
- Analyze an idiom and reflect on what they can learn from it.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.