Understanding jobs, teens, and taxes
Students read a handout about taxes and respond to questions to explore the relationship between working and taxes.
Taxes are part of every working person’s paycheck — including the many teenagers who work part-time jobs during the school year and the summer.
- What are specific things teens should know about taxes?
- What does it mean to file a tax return?
- Understand the relationship between working and taxes
- Recognize key terms related to income tax
What students will do
- Read a handout about taxes.
- Answer matching questions about teens and taxes.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.