Talking with your family about paying for higher education
Through Internet research, students build their awareness of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study options and then share their findings with a parent or guardian.
Financial aid — in the form of scholarships, grants, work-study options, and loans — can help pay for higher education.
- How can financial aid help pay for higher education?
- What might be the best option for me when planning to pay for higher education?
- Identify the types of financial aid
- Organize some basic information about financial aid to present these options to a parent or guardian
What students will do
- Research financial aid on selected government websites.
- Find out basic information about different types of financial aid (grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study).
- Talk with a parent or guardian about these options.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.