Storing my savings
Students read descriptions of common places to store their money and weigh the benefits and risks of each to decide which one(s) fit their financial goals.
You need a secure place to store your money.
- What are some benefits and risks related to storing your savings?
- What option(s) for storing your savings works for you now?
- Understand different options to store your savings
- Compare and contrast different options to store savings, including tools offered by banks and credit unions
What students will do
- Review the “Options for storing your savings” handout to learn about the benefits and risks of different savings options.
- Use the “Storing my savings” worksheet to write down questions they have about each of the savings options.
- Explain why each savings option may or may not be right for them.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.