Speaking publicly about consumer financial protection rights
Students research and write a speech focusing on a specific consumer right or consumer financial protection issue and related laws.
Consumer financial protection laws exist to prevent businesses from engaging in unlawful practices that may give them an advantage over competitors and to protect the rights of consumers.
- How do consumer financial protection laws help consumers?
- What steps can you take to report and prevent unlawful practices against consumers?
- Evaluate different types of consumer financial protection rights and laws
- Write persuasively about consumer financial protection laws and consumers’ rights and responsibilities
What students will do
- Review consumer rights and consumer financial protection laws on specific websites.
- Select one consumer right or consumer financial protection issue and the accompanying law(s) to explore further.
- Write a speech about the consumer right or consumer financial protection issue they chose that could be delivered at a school assembly.
- Deliver the speech to their classmates or to another class.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.