Saving for post-secondary education
Students use an online compound interest calculator to explore the value of saving money over time for future education goals.
The sooner you start saving for post-secondary education, the faster your money can grow from compound interest.
- What savings goal can I set to help pay for higher education?
- How can my savings grow over time?
- Understand how time and compound interest can increase savings
- Understand the value of starting early to save for post-secondary education
What students will do
- Watch a video on compound interest.
- Identify reasons to start saving early for post-secondary education.
- Use an online calculator to understand how time and compound interest can increase savings.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.