Saving for now and later
Students learn about the importance of saving, explore the difference between short-term and long-term goals, and then set their own savings goals.
Some things take a long time to save for, while others take a shorter amount of time.
- What’s the difference between long-term and short-term goals?
- How can a savings goal help us save money?
- Understand the difference between long-term and short-term goals
- Create personal long-term and short-term goals
What students will do
- Discuss the difference between long-term and short-term goals.
- Review pictures of items to buy and sort them into long-term and short-term goals.
- Write personal long-term and short-term savings goals.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.