Role-playing borrowing and lending
Students take on the role of a borrower or a lender to pose questions, apply formulas to calculate interest, and evaluate data to inform borrowing and lending decisions.
Borrowers with a strong credit history often qualify for lower interest rates.
- What are some questions to ask a lender to better understand the risks and benefits of borrowing money?
- How does your credit history affect the interest rate you’re offered on loans?
- Understand the key information both borrowers and lenders need to know to make informed loan decisions
- Analyze loan offers and determine the best one for a borrower
What students will do
- Assume the role of a borrower or lender in a simulation activity about the loan process.
- Calculate interest paid by the borrower or earned by the lender.
- Reflect on the experiences of the borrower or lender.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.