Reflecting on what’s worth saving for
Using the strategies of reflective writing, students create a personal statement sharing their hopes and dreams of things they would like to have or accomplish in the future.
Saving money can help you achieve your financial goals.
- Why is saving money a good financial strategy?
- What do you feel is worth saving for?
- Use the reflective writing process to identify savings goals
- Begin to plan for spending and savings decisions that are aligned with personal goals and values
What students will do
- Describe one or two things they’d like to have but can’t afford right now.
- Analyze why these things are worth saving for.
- Explain how having these things will enhance their life.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.