Reflecting on needs versus wants
By thinking about their own expenses, students explore how differentiating between needs and wants can inform daily financial decisions and rules to live by.
Understanding the difference between needs and wants helps you be strategic about your spending.
- How can you tell the difference between a need and a want?
- How does understanding the difference between needs and wants help inform your financial decisions?
- Differentiate between needs and wants in daily finances
- Consider how needs and wants influence their spending decisions
What students will do
- Assess their own spending decisions by completing the “Reflecting on needs versus wants” worksheet.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.