Puzzling out your savings future
Using an origami children’s puzzle, students will choose an item, a time frame, and a dollar amount to determine how long they need to save before they can buy that item.
The more money we save, the faster we can reach our goals.
- Why is it important to have a savings goal?
- How does having a plan help you reach your savings goal?
- Understand the importance of having a savings goal
- Understand how a plan can help people meet savings goals
What students will do
- Create an origami puzzle and play with a partner to determine a savings goal.
- Calculate monthly savings amounts needed to meet the goal.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.