Preparing to pay for education after high school
After brainstorming ways to save for education after high school, students create an interactive graphic organizer that highlights ways to pay for postsecondary education.
You have a choice about how you pay for your education. Federal financial aid is one option that can help you reach your education goals.
- What are different ways you can pay for higher education?
- How do these payment methods impact your finances?
- Identify common ways to pay for higher education
- Differentiate between ways to pay for higher education that do need to be paid back later and those that don’t.
What students will do
- Brainstorm options for paying for education after high school.
- Watch a video from the U.S. Department of Education about federal financial aid.
- Identify which options have to be paid back and which don’t.
- Create an interactive graphic organizer to present these options.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.