Playing a saving and spending game
Students discuss the importance of emergency savings and play a game to explore connections between saving, spending, and unexpected expenses.
Choosing to save money for unexpected events can help us avoid financial problems in the future.
- Why is it important to set money aside for emergencies?
- What are some unexpected events that could cost me money?
- Reflect on choices about saving, spending, and earning money
- Explore how a financial emergency can impact savings
What students will do
- Play a game where they make financial choices and track the money they spend and earn.
- Reflect on the importance of having money saved for an emergency.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.