Making smart money trades
Students listen to a story about making money trades and determine whether the values of different groups of coins and paper money are equal or unequal.
Different coins and paper money have different values.
- Why is it helpful to know that different coins and dollar bills are worth different amounts?
- Why is it important to be careful when trading coins and paper money?
- Understand that different coins and paper money have different values
- Recognize whether combinations of money have the same or different value
What students will do
- Listen to and discuss the story “A Bargain for Frances” by Russell Hoban and Lillian Hoban.
- Determine whether different groups of money are equal or unequal in value.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.