Learning about coins
Students learn to identify the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and their values.
Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters are all coins, but they have different values.
- How do you recognize different coins?
- How much is each type of coin worth?
- Identify four types of U.S. coins
- Remember and understand the value of each type of coin
What students will do
- Learn the name and value of a penny, a nickel, a dime, and a quarter.
- Explore the coins’ features.
- Practice comparing the coins’ values.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.