Giving advice about consumer protection
Students put their developing understanding of fraud and identity theft to use as they play the role of a consumer affairs advice columnist responding to letters from readers.
Fraud and identity theft hurt millions of Americans every year.
- How can I avoid fraud and protect my own financial identity?
- How do I report identity theft and fraud?
- Understand different types of fraud and identity theft
- Discover how to report fraud and identity theft
What students will do
- Assume the role of a consumer affairs advice columnist.
- Write advice to people who are victims of fraud or identity theft.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.