Getting a credit card and using it wisely
Students conduct research to learn about credit cards and explore the effect that using a credit card can have on a person’s credit score.
Consumers use credit cards to buy things, track spending, and pay bills.
- Why might I want a credit card?
- Why is it important to keep track of how much I spend on my credit card each month?
- Understand the benefits and risks of having and using a credit card
- Identify the difference between a secured and unsecured credit card
What students will do
- Conduct Internet research about credit cards and how they work.
- Learn important things to consider before applying for a credit card.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.