Exploring opportunity costs
Students read a book about the opportunity costs of starting a business, play a fill-in-the-blank game, and discuss things they could give up so they can have something else.
When we choose to do or buy one thing, we often have to give up something else.
- What is an opportunity cost?
- What opportunity costs do I have in my life?
- Understand opportunity costs
- Identify personal opportunity costs
What students will do
- Read the Money Monsters Start Their Own Business chapter book. (You will need a book reader app to open ePub files).
- Play a fill-in-the-blank game about opportunity costs.
- Reflect on opportunity costs in their own lives.
Exploring opportunity costs (guide)
Exploring opportunity costs (worksheet)
Money Monsters start their own business (book)
Money Monsters start their own business (ePub)
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.