Exploring community colleges
Students learn about the benefits of community college and consider whether attending community college could be a good option to help them prepare for their future.
Community college can be a good option to consider when preparing for the future.
- What are some of the benefits of community college?
- Could community college be a good option after high school for me?
- Research the benefits of community college
- Explore a nearby community college that students might consider attending
What students will do
- Review the on frequently asked questions about community college to find at least three benefits of attending community college and to explore one nearby.
- Use the U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard website to learn more about the community college they chose.
- Answer questions about the college.
- Write reasons why they would consider attending that community college after high school and reasons why they wouldn’t.
 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau does not endorse this third party or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party information.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.