Experimenting with saving
Students listen to or read a fable and then do a science experiment to learn how saving a little over a long time can add up.
Saving a little bit over a long time can add up.
- What are good savings habits?
- Why is it a good idea to save a little money over a long time?
- Apply the process of water displacement to saving money
- Understand how savings can add up over time
What students will do
- Listen to or read the Aesop’s fable “The Crow and the Pitcher.”
- Experiment with putting small rocks in a bowl of water to see how the water moves.
- Discuss similarities between this experiment and saving small amounts of money over time.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.