Distinguishing between credit myths and realities
Students analyze and make judgments about credit and borrowing statements to better understand the reality of debt.
Misconceptions about credit can keep people from making informed financial decisions.
- How do strong financial knowledge and decision-making skills help people debunk myths and misinformation about credit?
- What concepts and analytical skills help people make informed choices related to credit?
- Determine which statements about credit and borrowing are true and false
- Participate in a class discussion about credit and borrowing
What students will do
- Decide which statements about credit can be categorized as myth or reality.
- Engage in class discussion to debunk myths about credit and borrowing.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.