Creating a savings first aid kit
Students learn the importance of developing an emergency savings fund to deal with unexpected challenges and unplanned expenses.
Planning ahead for unexpected events makes it easier to face financial challenges.
- How can I prepare myself financially for unexpected events?
- How can I start to build an emergency savings fund?
- Determine what a financial emergency looks and feels like
- Make an action plan to save money for an emergency fund
What students will do
- Use the “Creating a savings first aid kit” worksheet to figure out what a financial emergency looks and feels like.
- Create a plan for building an emergency savings fund.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.