Creating a monthly household budget
Students determine how to balance their needs and wants when budgeting for household bills.
Budgeting helps ensure that you’ll have enough money for the things you need and the things you want, while still building your savings for future goals.
- What types of things should be included in a budget?
- How can budgeting help me manage my money?
- Create a budget for imaginary housing expenses
- Understand the advantages of making and sticking to a budget
What students will do
- Complete a budget for housing expenses.
- Reflect on how budgets help people manage money.
Creating a monthly household budget (guide)
Creating a monthly household budget (worksheet)
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.