Comparing jobs and hobbies
Students learn about the differences between jobs and hobbies and then play a game to apply their understanding.
Some things we do to earn money, and some things we do just for fun.
- What’s a job?
- What’s the difference between a job and hobby?
- Understand the difference between a job and a hobby
- Consider how hobbies can become jobs
What students will do
- Discuss the difference between a job and a hobby.
- Play a game where they’ll stand up if they think an activity is a job and stay sitting if it’s a hobby.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.