Comparing financial aid offers
Students compare college costs and financial aid offers for three schools and explore how the choices they make can have a financial impact down the road.
Different college costs and financial aid offers can affect students differently down the road.
- How does financial aid affect the cost of college?
- How can comparing financial aid offers help you make an informed decision about your higher education?
- Compare college costs and financial aid offers
- Make an informed choice about college based on an understanding about the long-term financial impact
What students will do
- Review and compare three financial aid offers made to Emmett, a high school senior.
- Analyze the financial aid offers and answer analysis questions.
- Write a brief paragraph on what school they’d choose if they were Emmett, and why they’d make that choice.
Comparing financial aid offers (guide)
Comparing financial aid offers (worksheet)
Emmett compares three financial aid offers (handout)
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.