Calculating energy costs
Students calculate the yearly costs of operating energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs and compare them to the costs of using standard appliances and bulbs.
Energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs can save money.
- What is energy efficiency?
- Why could it be a good idea to save energy?
- Calculate savings from energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs
- Understand ways to save money by saving energy
What students will do
- Calculate and compare the costs of operating energy-efficient appliances and bulbs with standard appliances and bulbs.
- Consider ways to save money by using less energy in their homes.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.