Budgeting for fun in a rural setting
Students practice budgeting by planning for a fun overnight trip to a rural area.
When planning for a trip or an event, creating a budget ahead of time can help keep your expenses under control.
- What types of things should be included in a budget?
- How can budgeting help me manage my money?
- Create a budget for an imaginary overnight trip to a rural setting
- Understand the advantages of making and sticking to a budget
What students will do
- Work with a partner to plan a budget for an overnight trip to a rural setting.
- Reflect on the planning and budgeting process as a way to manage money.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.